Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tagging Along

Recently I managed to get myself laid off. I find that I'm careful to point out that I didn't get fired. But who am I kidding? For all intents and purposes, they're really the same thing.

So I find myself back up in Calgary working. I was thinking about trying out that whole "retiring" thing that old people keep talking about, but Trish wouldn't go for that. Pity. 

Doing work in the construction field in Calgary is a pretty decent gig I guess. The only thing that really bothers me is being away from Trish and Grayson. I took it on myself, therefore, to take care of the blog whilst I was away, as Trish had enough to worry about with Grayson and her less favored child: School.

I stay up at my brother's place while I'm up in Calgary, and it just so happens that one of the first nights that I was up there he got us invited to someone's house for dinner. It was actually supper, but he was an American, so in the name of bilinguilness, I'll henceforth refer to supper as dinner, to pylons as traffic cones, and food as bacon. 

Matt and Jocelyn invited us over to dinner for some bacon. Jocelyn actually made some incredible bacon. It was a family recipe that was passed down for generations, and you won't find it anywhere else. That's right, I have the exclusive scoop on it. All I had to do was pocket one of the "items" and reverse engineer it in my garage. The result: A yummy recipe that you can make your family for your next bacon.



Jocelyn's Bacony Goodness

1. Cook some chicken breasts. Like 2. Or something. Cook them until cooked. When done cooking, stop them from cooking any further.

2. Dangle chicken from string in front of cats until shredded into many tiny strips. Pulled pork style.

3. Add 1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. 

4. Mash that stuff together.

5. Open can of Pillsbury croissants dough thingies.

6. Wrap small balls of the chicken/cream cheese mash in croissants. Take care to completely seal the little balls of goodness.

7. Cook on 350 degrees Celsius. Or, if your oven is in Kelvin, get back to your physics research. 

8. Cook until goldenny brown on top. This usually takes several time units. 


So that's that. These are very yummy, so I encourage you to make them for your family. I hope you all appreciate the trouble I went through to bring you these. 

After dinner I played "making princess puzzles" with the two little girls on the floor. It wasn't gay at all.


First time to the blog? Click here to read more about our endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. chicken roll ups. . . our traditional Christmas eve meal. We put mushrooms in ours. I've also had them with broccoli, and diced carrots. YUM.

    ReplyDelete