Tuesday 20 March 2012

Chillin' With The Old Dude

Back before I was laid off I found myself working for the day out in Claresholm. It was kind of a last-minute thing, there was some issues out there that needed to be taken care of ASAP.

As such, I didn't really plan a lunch. This may or may not have been on purpose, seeing as there is an A & W out in Claresholm, and I have a bit of a soft spot for that place. Onion rings. 

At around 3 in the afternoon I found myself in a mostly deserted A & W. An old guy in a corner table made a comment about my hat. (I had been taping all day and had many splotches of white drywall mud on my cap). He said it looked like the seagull pooping army had attacked me. 

Ha ha old guy. 

As I made my order I was thinking about the fact that I didn't have anyone to blog about that day. So I decided the old guy would pay for his insolence by becoming my blog object for the day. 

Instead of asking if I could take a seat with him I just sat on down. He didn't even blink an eye. We chatted over some burgers about who we were and he filled me in on the details of his quite colorful life. 

I didn't have a camera on me, so unfortunately Ken The Old Guy will forever go without picture evidence. I have decided, however, that anytime I'm by myself in a restaurant I'm just gonna plop down at someone's table. It's so much better to be in the company of someone, even if they are a stranger.


First time to the blog? Click here to read more about our endeavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment