Tuesday 17 January 2012

"Donairs Are Good On ALL The Days!"

Monday, January 16, 2012

That there is a quote from my buddy Blair.

See, we've got this lunch meetup thing going on now for over a year now. Always at Sam's Donairs, always very tasty. We've found it's best to go in the afternoon, when Sam the man will be there, cuz he doesn't skimp on the... uh... donair stuff that they put in there.

We haven't had a donair day in awhile though. This is mostly because we were going to hang out with Blair a few months ago, and I stood him up (this was before the blog ok?!). Then I felt dumb calling because then I would have to address the fact that I never showed nor called.

Trish decided to join us as well. This impressed me as Trish normally won't ingest anything that gives you a net gain of calories. She mostly just eats exercise equipment.

Me and Blair get there first and order up. Super donair with cheese. As we're chatting Trish shows up at our table. As she opened her donair the blasphemy began.

Twas not a donair at all, but a falafel. I mean, who goes on out for a donair day and brings a fafalaf? Seriously, it would be like going to the front lines of a war armed with a tomato. And not one of those fancy fresh off the vine ones. I'm talking your nasty been-on-the-bottom-of-the-produce-pile-for-several-weeks tomato.

Blair was gracious enough not to say anything, but I could see the way he looked down his nose at her farafahumfal. Good friends don't say anything when your wife makes a scene like that.

We had a good time though. Caught up with Blair, which I haven't been able to do for awhile. Laughed about some good old times. Like the time in highschool that Blair got busted doing something we were both at fault for and never ratted me out. 2 week suspension for Blair. Clean record for Ryley.

I need to do this more. Not only because Trish needs to man up and eat a donair. But because it took no extra time in my day, and made my day a whole lot better. Seriously, if you're reading this, get in touch with a friend you haven't seen in awhile. Meet for lunch, you won't regret it, especially if you get a super donair with cheese.


1 comment:

  1. if you're ever in edmonton the best place is king donair, my buddy's family runs it. it's 91 st and 51 ave. oh it's a dream

    ReplyDelete