Friday 6 January 2012

Cure ALL The Diseases!

Had our friends, Cara and Justin over, which was a big feat in and of itself.

While we enjoy having them over immensely, it always seems that the universe conspires against our hanging out. At one point Trish and Cara spent 3 months trying to get our schedules to agree just to spend an evening together.

I used to tell myself that this was because I am a very busy person with many "important" things to do. We're only a week in on this New Year, and I'm already starting to realize that I have enough time to do whatever is important, I just need to realize what is actually important, and what is daily fluff. Like the laundry, who needs clean clothes anyway?

In the end we all hunkered down for a (board) game of Pandemic. It's a game where all players work together to cure various diseases before the world is brought to ruin. We lost miserably, even though we cheated constantly. Shoulda known, "Cheaters never prosper. Or cure diseases." Isn't that what they say?

Trish decided to make a platter of something called "vegetables". We poked at it to humor her, but no one really knew what to make of it.



1 comment:

  1. When it's our turn to come over, I'm requesting a vegetable tray. I could eat that entire thing in one sitting. Yum.

    ReplyDelete