Thursday 26 January 2012

Be ALL The Girls On The Team

As much as I hate all the homework that comes with being in school, I do enjoy meeting lots of new people and I've made some new friends too. 

It's not always easy being home all day with the little one. I mean, Grayson is smart and all, and Ryley can do a stellar orangutan impression, but it just doesn't hit all the same triggers as actually getting out and meeting people. 

I don't want people to think that I'm some cooped up mom that's just dying to ditch the family. On the contrary, I think that we do pretty good with getting out and meeting people, and I've found that this is crucial to my sanity. I've also found that it's good for me to have some activities that get me out away from the house, and all the duties of motherhood, even if it's just for a few hours a week.

I actually never met Harmoni Jones until my second year of classes. When she offered me the chance to join her intramural basketball team as the only other girl, I jumped (figuratively) at the opportunity. I played with the team last semester, and was glad to join the group again this semester. We're not the best team in the league, nor does it make a difference to me if we win or not. It's a great way to get my exercise and meet new people at the same time. 



1 comment:

  1. no way!!! HARMONI!!!! We were pals in Junior High before she moved!

    ReplyDelete