Sunday 22 January 2012

Answer ALL The Questions

Sometimes people get sick. Sometimes people have to work late. Such is life, and the unpredictable nature of it was apparent on Friday. 


Luckily I have a great friend that lives a little ways out of town that didn't mind having me over for a little visit that afternoon, even with short notice. 


I probably haven't seen Kim (Vadnais) Wescott in almost 5 years. We've lived in the same city for that entire time, why hadn't I gotten in touch with her sooner?


Kim and I were best friends in grade 5. The  kind of best friends that would spend multiple hours on the phone, occupying the line before the days of call-waiting. The kind of best friends that spent entire days at each others houses with sleep-overs, and would never go home if it weren't for the pesky Saturday morning chores that your mom called to have you come home to do at 8 o'clock in the morning. I loathed hearing that phone ringing while still in bed, tired from staying up till the wee hours of the night, because I knew it was my mother, and I knew I had no good reasons as to why I should stay later.


Kim is a nurse, and I am currently a nursing student. I really should have gotten in touch with her sooner to ask her the many ins and outs of the education journey. Better late than never I guess, and I do appreciate Kim's willingness to help if I'm ever in need.



No comments:

Post a Comment